Happy April Fool's Day! Do you have some sneaky pranks lined up? Or are you not much of a prankster? Maybe you just need a little nudge...
We've gathered a few ideas to poke your inner thirteen year old and get you scheming to fool your friends and family.
* Sneak into the bathroom while your lovie is showering and dump a big cup of ice cold water on them.
* Replace the shampoo with maple syrup or honey. We had a friend who did this to his dad a few years ago and his wife kept sniffing around, insisting that she smelled pancakes...funny!
* Put a fake bug in someone's slipper.
* Push a raisin down into the toothpaste tube...the next person to squeeze some paste onto his brush will get a mysterious surprise. (I totally want to do this to Nate).
* Make whoopie pies or cupcakes and frost them with white toothpaste or shaving cream.
Would you believe that the best prankster I know is my dear, darling grandmother? It's true! One year during college some girlfriends and I went up to her house for a weekend get-away that happened to coincide with April Fool's. My grandma, awake long before any of us sleepy co-eds, spread some Icy Hot/Mentholatum-ish ointment all over the toilet seat. None of us remembered that it was April first and we were all a little sheepish to admit that we had tingly bums. My friends were all wondering if maybe my grandparents had chapped behinds and lubed up the commode as some sort of remedy, but nobody dared bring it up. Finally, at breakfast my grandma said, "well, nobody's said anything about my little April Fool's prank...haven't any of you used the bathroom yet?!"
Oh my, did we laugh! My girlfriends were all shocked that my sweet little grandma had it in her to be such a prankster...if they only knew! She'd been making fools of her loved ones on April 1 for years - sewing the fly on my grandpa's underwear closed, frosting cakes with shaving cream, saran wrapping the toilet for an unexpected splash-back; she loved a practical joke.
What about you? What's the best joke you've ever played? What's the best prank someone else has pulled on you?