Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Everybody needs a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe. Do you have one?
Here's one to try:

1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

2 C flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

2 1/2 C oats
1-2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to go heavy on the choc chips!)
add nuts, raisins, coconut, according to preference

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips. Mold into balls and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.



Also, I loved this idea for a cookie tasting/recipe swap from Liz Stanley of Say Yes To Hoboken - such a great way to find that "just-right" recipe for chocolate chippers!

Bake something yummy!
xo,
Em

5 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Yay, another cookie recipe! I have been cruisin' through melskitchencafe.com and making pretty much everything on there. I just made her "THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE" recipe which was quite delicious. I'll have to try yours soon but I dont know if my chocolate loving love handles can take much more. :) Thanks for sharing Emily! ohh if you could your your mom to share her secret berrybutter recipe that would be DELIGHTFUL :)

Bloom said...

My two cents on these cookies--
I will never make another cc cookie recipe again. They are that amazing. Every time I bring them somewhere to share people go crazy about them and beg for the recipe.

just sayin'

xo
anne

Christina said...

I love the NY Times best ever chocolate chip cookie. I think the sea salt makes a big difference.

I posted about them on Frankly Entertaining a while a go.

I'll have to try your recipe too. Thanks!

christine said...

Can anyone tell me how many cookies this recipe makes? Planning to bake for a shower this weekend. Thanks!

Valeria said...

I love simple recipes. This looks like something I can manage myself