Monday, July 19, 2010

Must See

Happy Monday, Bloomers! Hope there was some wonderful in your weekend. We welcomed Nate home from a looonnng business trip -- so there was a lot of happy around here.


We're excited to let you know about what's going on over at Pickup Some Creativity. For the entire month of July, Chris has recruited some fabulous guests and put together a really impressive line up of posts about all the basics of beginning sewing. Isn't that brilliant? You can browse them all in the Sewing 101 Archive. She's covered all the essentials - prewashing fabric, tools, choosing thread, etc. Such a helpful resource. Be sure to check it out.


If you're more into paper crafting, be sure to check out these darling CD envelopes that Ms. Katy Dill whipped up last week. I was so smitten - I showed the link to my sisters, my mom, e.mailed it to a few friends. Be sure to take a peek, I think you'll love them. Katy's creativity pretty much leaves me slack-jawed on a weekly basis! I wish I could go over and play in all her paper punches and fancy tape...

And while I've got your attention, if you'd like to write a guest post here at Bloom, a tutorial, an essay, a recipe - e.mail us! {aplacetobloom at gmail dot com} We'd love to hear about what you have in mind.

It's going to be a fun week, don't be a stranger!

xo,
Em

1 comment:

chris said...

Thank you, ladies for including the Sewing 101 series. It has been so fun to put together, and I've learned so much from each guest. I hope your readers will enjoy it as well.